Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Randomness

I have such exciting news for you guys! I have been offered Team Lead at work. I thought this was another false promise but I asked the new General Manager how long it would be. She told me the next Serve Safe Test to get certified is in November, I'll get my study materials on Thursday. Once I have team lead within six months she'll be pushing me for Management. It feels like a 360 turnaround and she's only been our GM for two days. The store already has a different energy. It feels more positive and warm. Malika, the new GM seems driven and focused. She is determined to help our store and help us as a team turn our store back into one of the top stores around. I am very excited because this will open up opportunities for my daughter and I both. I feel like this is the perfect time for change to happen because the drama has slowed down immensely, I am back into book reviewing, and I am still cross stitching. Just alternating between reviews and stitches so I don't get burnt out. I am still going to be off Halloween, that's a must. I am so stoked to take Ally trick or treating in a bigger city because she had a blast last year as a pirate. This year I think I've made up my mind on our theme. It will probably be the last year that mom can make a choice for her. Even though I let her choose last year.


I really don't know how I feel about my ex coming home. There is no set date so hopefully he'll find a steady job and stay on his feet out of state. We have been getting along really well lately. He's been talking to Ally and checking in with her. I have been wanting to be friends for the sake of Ally. I think the best way to describe how I feel is dread. I am dreading it because he is moving back home with his ex and I can guess that this will rekindle his relationship with her. She is extremely controlling and keeps his phone on lock down. This makes me dread the possibility of him going back because then she won't allow us to talk unless it's about Ally.  I'll also have to watch my every word and in the process lose a close friend because I usually go to him about good news. Also, when gets back I will losing my daughter again for visitation. Sigh.


Amazon is at it again. Taking reviews down that are determined by Amazon to be biased or non-verified. This isn't a new issue, it's a reoccurring issue that stops for awhile and spikes back up. It just gets frustrating when most of what you reviews is an ARC (advanced Reader Copy) and not a verified purchase. I don't have a kindle so I can't even get copies gifted to me. Many reviewers work our butts off to get reviews out. To take our passion and make it a career. I have worked really hard to get where I am at in my reviews. Just aggravating.

3 comments:

  1. It is frustrating cause they did that to me and my review met their guidelines and they refused the one for Alpha. Congrats on the team leader position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know. She posted about her frustration with it on FB.

      Delete
  2. I knew they would see all the hard work and extra hours you have been working!! Congrats!! That is great news :)

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)