Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Shape Up Challenge & Achievements


One of my dear readers Sarah is hosting a 6 month Shape Up Challenge. I like this because it's gradual and not many rules.

To start we are to get a journal, measuring tape, and a camera to take before and after photos. I will be posting my beginning photos & stats tomorrow morning to get an accurate weight. This will also be an eye opener as to how much I've gained or lost due to all the stress.

For week 1-2 we are to aim for 64 oz of water a day and 20 minutes of aerobic exercise 3 times a week. This seems easy enough to accomplish because I walk constantly at work and I can also do a Zumba session on the Wii before work. I am also getting back into the gym this week hopefully.


For some reason I was convinced I started trying to lose weight in November. I went to look at my page for my Transformation so I could start getting my post ready and I see that I already missed my anniversary as it was in September. Luckily looking through my blog posts I posted a weigh-in close to when my anniversary was.


This was me on September 17th 2014. I weighed 218.6 in this picture. I stopped trying to lose weight a few weeks after this was taken and in January of 2015 I started back up again this time weighing in at 223.6. I will always post 2 anniversary posts because September was starting point but January was when I really saw how much I had let my self go. January was really when I got myself into to gear that is why is I post my updates it is with a starting weight of 223.6 but today's will be from my September weigh-in. I was working at Walmart and trying to salvage my marriage. I was in a very dark place and I didn't think I would heading anywhere with my life. I was miserable and scared and unhappy with myself.

This is me on October 18. I had made a checking-in weight loss post on September 18th. I am extremely proud of how much weight I have lost in a year.

Height: 5'1
Starting Weight (9/17/14): 218.6
Current Weight (9/18/15): 189.2
Total Weight Loss: 29.4

This is huge because in a year I am below 190. I lost almost 30 pounds in a year. This is just the motivation I need heading into the Shape Up Challenge. I am very glad to have such awesome support from my MIL, family, friends, and blogging brothers & sisters.

Tomorrow I'll be posting my starting stats for the Six Month challenge and seeing where my weight is now. 

8 comments:

  1. You have changed a great deal both on the outside and inside. Hell YEAH 30 lbs that is a wonderful accomplishment that YOU did all by yourself. I am proud of you. You are a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're joining me for this challenge. And congrats on the weight you've already lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you what an accomplishment :) You should be super proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)