Saturday, February 6, 2016

Self Care: The Stories We Tell Ourselves


Sit in a quiet place and ponder your stories. I want you to write down two - if you can think of two. (I can think of many lol.)  In the writing of these stories include who told you the story, the context of when it was said (where, when, why), be as detailed as possible. Think about how it made you feel and write those feelings down - hold nothing back. You may not remember every detail but record as much as you remember. 
I had to really think about this one. When I was younger I used to tell myself I could eat more food if I didn't eat as frequently. So I'd have a huge plate of food and justify it as my only meal for the day. It wasn't healthy but in my head it make it okay.

Now ask yourself, honestly, why you think you have held on to this story all these years. What purpose has it served for you? What has it helped you avoid doing in your life? Record the answers to these questions, honestly and bravely.

I have held onto this because it reminds where I used to be versus where I am now. It has taken me a long time to get to this point and when I am tempted to step backwards I have to remember where I started.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)