Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Self-Care: Support Systems

1) Think about anyone in your life who may not necessarily want you to take better care of yourself.  List him/her/them.  Next to the name (if there are any) write why you think they might not support you.  Write down if you want to tell them you are doing the Challenge and why.  Whether you tell them about your positive changes or they just see them is up to you.  If you do decide to tell them, record in here how that went - if it was positive or neutral or negative and how that made you feel. 

I am not going to be calling out anyone but I do there are people that won't support me bettering myself. To them I say that's okay. I don't need people that only pretend to be supportive. I know who is my support system and I can depend on.

2) Now, list one person, or maybe two, who would be very supportive of your changes.  In my self-care classes I call this 'your person'.  I often have folks raise their hand and say they don't have a person.  

Khristine and Sarah have become wonderful blogging friends. I look forward to them commenting and often visiting their blog. My family has been an enormous support system. Through my divorce, my weight loss, and life in general. My MIL is another supporter, she always know how to talk me off of a ledge. My biggest supporter though is my daughter, Allisun. She tells me everyday that I am a strong mommy and she loves me very much. I love when she is in a clingy mood because I know it'll be a day full of cuddles.

2 comments:

  1. Awww thanks for mentioning me! I too look forward to your blog and your comments on mine. I wish I could remember how I stumbled upon your blog but I really have no idea but I am sure it was meant to be!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I found your blog through the Simple Woman's Daybook, but I could be wrong. I love checking in in you. You remind me of a younger me LOL. No matter what's going on, just know you have lots of people who support you and want the best for you.

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)