Thursday, May 5, 2016

Celebration


Today makes a year. A year since my life changed for the better. A year since I decided I was worth more than emotional abuse and affairs. A year that I decided enough was enough. That year has been rough and I've had moments where I've fallen back into a dark place but I always find a way back on track.

I could be sad today but instead I'm choosing to celebrate. I'm embracing change and making steps everyday to get to my goals.


It hasn't been an easy road by any means but thanks to my family, friends, and Whatafamily I've made it this far. I can't thank my parents, Aunt Laura, grandma, Dylan, and Erika enough for helping babysit Ally. On Sunday it will be my one year anniversary with Whataburger.

I need to give a special shout-out to my parents. My mom for always giving a listening ear and my father for helping me realize I truly had this and could live On my own even if I doubted myself. 

My grandma and my aunt for helping babysit and for providing Ally and I a home when we first left Joey. If it weren't for them I wouldn't be where I am today.

To My sister for putting the recommendation that landed me the job. My brother for always helping to watch Ally.


So much has changed in a year that it makes me excited for the future. We were able to see my sister walk the stage, Ally had her ears pierced and went and got her first hair cut. She also carved her first pumpkin. We took professional pictures as our own little family unit. 

Ally has been closer than ever to my family and this really is the foundation I want for her. I want her to always know the importance of family and holidays. That family really is everything and I'm glad she has been able to celebrate holidays the way they are meant to be celebrated.

We have our days but Ally really is my best friend. I love every moment I get with her and working these extra hours makes me treasure my time with her even more. Life has changed so much that I can't wait to see where the future will take us.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great! I know the road has been hard for you guys but you are doing it! Keep doing what you are doing, it is working :) Happy 1 year anniversary of being a strong woman on your own terms!

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)