Wednesday, August 10, 2016

All About Ally

Lately Ally has been heavy on my mind. I'm slowly working my way out of depression but there are days it weighs heavier than others. I have days where I wonder what could have been but honestly being a single mother is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I've ever had.

No matter how much I snap at Ally or spoil her she still loves me. She is such an open soul and I am so thankful for her each day.

Today after a few hours of sleep will be dedicated to her. She is making her leap from little girl to big girl. She'll be going to orientation for school.

After her bedtime story she expressed her concerns about school and I love how I am raising her to understand she will always speak freely to me without fear of judgment.

When you have a really shitty night at work nothing sounds more rewarding than going home and curling up next to your daughter.

I am so proud of you big girl and soon it'll be back to us against the world. No more moving our plans for others. Just Ally and mommy as it should be. I'll never need another as long as I have you sweet girl.

4 comments:

  1. Have fun at orientation. When mine were little each year after orientation we would always go get ice cream cones. It was a back to school tradition. You should do something special each year, she (and you) will cherish the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a wonderful thing to raise her up where she can freely talk to you about anything. I had that with the boys and was thankful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that idea about going for ice cream after orientation or making your own tradition. We went to the kids' orientations yesterday. It's exciting to start another school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that the best feeling in the world when your child trusts you enough to talk to you about things like that. Lets you know you are doing it all right <3 You are a great Mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)