Thursday, September 29, 2016

Contemplating

I've only ever tried to do what is right. Sometimes it doesn't easily come across that way but that is what I've tried to do. J has come to decision and I'll see to it that decision is carried out. It is bittersweet because I thought he would step up and make more effort but today makes three weeks with no checking in on Ally. He talked to her once only because she asked if she could talk to him. I don't feel like it has ever been my responsibility to force him to have something to do with Ally.

It appears he has made his decision. Once again playing victim and pinning me as the bad guy. Yes, I've made mistakes but I always tried to repair the damage and be who needed. I always had good intentions to begin with. Once this decision is finalized, I'll be sitting down with Ally to explain to her what has happened.

It hurts because I know he talks daily to Izzy who is still learning her words. He has access to a phone so there are no excuses as to why Ally doesn't deserve that same treatment and respect.

Today I think I'll sleep until it is time for work. I am pulling long shifts to make sure rent is paid and we get back on track. I hope that R is able to come over tonight so that I might actually get some rest.

3 comments:

  1. Has he offered any explanation or reason whatsoever for why he doesn't contact Ally but contacts his other child? As hard as my fiance has to fight to be a part of his kids' lives, it is unimaginable to me that a father who can be there chooses not to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do what you feel is right for Ally as well. Ally deserves as much love and attention as the rest of them do. And no matter what she will always be our granddaughter and we love her no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)