Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Just Like That


It is amazing how in a moment's notice everything can change. One minute you are on top of the world thinking nothing could beat this feeling then the next moment it feels like an earthquake and your world is crumbling.

R has been having severe headaches. Headaches to the point where it is extremely painful just to lift his head. On Saturday he passed out and woke up in his own blood. Went to the ER and decided to check himself out. Then spent most of Sunday coughing up blood. He went to the doctor yesterday morning. He went in at 8:45am and I knew when he still wasn't done by 6 pm that evening that we were in for bad news.

Firstly, they found a mass that they believe to be cancerous. They have taken it for biopsy so it's a waiting game on that. Secondly, they think his headaches and the blood is from him having a mild concussion that went untreated possibly now requiring surgery which he refuses to have.

He races a motorcycle for a living so injuries do happen but it still hurts to find out those injuries are adding up when I just found him. This led to a breakdown of epic proportions on my end. I just want to hold him close and not leave his side for anything. He has quickly grabbed my heart and soul. I can't imagine life without him. I can actually because I have lived in years of hell and now I am getting my dose of being treated right.

I am definitely holding him tighter than ever as we wait out these two weeks for results. I am crushed at the possibility of losing him but I am trying everything to remain positive. Please keep my sweet R in your thoughts.

11 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you both! I think he was brought into your life because you were needed in his <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Khristine this is exactly how I'm viewing it.

      Delete
  2. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems kinda messed up that God would give you a guy that seems to genuinely care for you and ally just for him to have so many medical problems. Loves definitely not easy.
    Hope the biopsy shows it's not cancerous and that he will change his mind about the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more along the lines of what Khristine said. It's not messed up at all. Sometimes you meet someone at just the right stage in your life. He does care, to the point where marriage has arose. Thank you for your concern.

      Delete
  4. Why doesn't he want surgery, if I may ask? I hope the doctors can help him and that things will work out for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He feels that there is a greater risk at failure than sucess.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. God definitely decided that you needed to be here at this moment. But it doesn't make it any easier; I understand as I watch my own man slowly lose his fight.

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)