Sunday, February 26, 2017

Speaking Out

I want to start off saying I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm also not looking to be judged. I've judged myself enough over the last few days and that's the last thing I need. I am posting this more for awareness than anything else.

Back in November I met Raymond. I fell fast and I fell hard. We never really fought and we always seemed to get along. When California first was mentioned I took it as an opportunity to give Ally the best life possible.

I invested money into this future. I put my notice in at work and I chose not to renew my lease all on the belief that he would remain true to his word.

This past Wednesday I made a very stupid mistake. After months of my gut telling me one thing and my heart saying another, I went with my heart.

I gave Raymond 3100 towards a house. I trusted that he would come through. Then he went ghost. He would reply to texts or phone calls.

I've given close to 5500 to him over the last five months. I let my guard down and I believed that he would take care of my daughter and I.

I realize now that I was used and it is a very raw feeling. Especially since Brittany is reveling my pain and enjoying it. I realize that all the warnings were there and that I should have cut it off sooner but believe me, Ally was first in my thoughts. I believed that I was going to give her the best life possible.

Thankfully I have friends and a plan B. I lost everything once before and rebuilt my life, I know I can do it again. This was a very big mistake but the reality of it is that it's also a very real thing men do.

Single women, especially single parents are vulnerable and men feed off of it. They tell you what you want to hear while robbing you thousands. I've put my guard up and that's where it'll stay for a long time. For now, I need to grieve and come to terms with the fact I let my daughter down.

I'm speaking out in hopes it will bring some awareness to these types of predators.

To Brittany, you're a terrible human being for finding pleasure in my sorrow. While we didn't always get along, I took you in when you had nowhere to go. My daughter has always been my center. Which is more than you can claim. So take enjoyment in this victory for yourself because in the next few weeks especially after what I did today, karma will get you. For now, I'll keep my head high and not stoop to your level because there's a lot of dirty laundry that you have.

8 comments:

  1. Im so sorry felicia. I was really hoping that this would be your chance after so many years of heartache. At least you have that plan b. Hopefully soon yalls luck will turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Best of luck in colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicia I am so sorry hon. You and Ally both deserved better than this. You didnt fail, Ray did. What you did was try and give Ally the best of something she hasn't had yet. As parents we dont always make the best decision even though we try. And as far as someone taking pleasure in your pain and Ally's is BULLSHIT I dont care who you are, it's not right. ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so sorry :( You have to be a sick kind of person to do something like that to a single mom ! Grrr!! That makes me so mad! But.... you are a touch chick, you will bounce back from this and I think you were very brave to tell us this and hopefully someone will read this and not have to go through the same thing you did. Hugs!!! ps you should send this post to his sponsors...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Take care of yourself during your "recovery" time. You are a strong woman, you'll come out of this even stronger.
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. I am so sorry. I suppose we as your friends should have seen the signs as well as in you can't put his photo on your blog and you didn't know where you were moving,etc. We should have been more vigilant as your friend. I hope you consider filing charges against him as this man sounds like a professional con man and probably has done this before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awful. It makes me sick that people take advantage of others. What a horrible situation. Know that you are strong and can get through anything!
    cosmicpositivity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's already been said, but I agree with many comments above. You didn't fail your daughter. Raymond did, by using both of you. I also agree with the comment above about filing charges against him. I don't know what can be done, but I hope he doesn't just get away with this.

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)