Wednesday, February 1, 2017

To Those..


Alrighty so let me explain this piece of paper. This is our time slips at Whataburger. Whataburger payroll ends at 3 pm Monday for the week. So our weeks start Monday at 3 pm. At 3 pm each day it starts a new "whataburger" day because we run end of day.

I was off Monday so my week technically started on Tuesday. At 8 pm to be specific. I just got home from work. As you can see its Wednesday at 8 pm. I just finished off a 24 hour shift.

It says daily hours are 5.33 but that is because our day begins at 3 pm. So since 3 pm I've worked 5.33 hours but total I've worked 24.75 in one shift.

So for those who say I work a bullshit fast food job or say I don't bust my ass off for Ally. Or for the bitch in particular that says all I did was sleep instead of spend time with my daughter, here's a small dose of reality.

I don't get the luxury of others caring for me because I don't want to work. No I've been a single mom for a long time before R came along. While we are separate I still have necessities that need to be cared for and sometimes that means pulling long hours such as a 24 hour shift.

This is the reality of being a parent, provider, friend, support system, and all around boss. It's tiring and some days it takes everything out of you but having your daughter tell you she loves you and is proud of you makes it worthwhile.

I chose more than depending on others, I chose a career and in the next few months I'll shift into full time housewife. I can't wait until I get days full of giggles instead of angry customers. Days where 24 hours is spent with family instead of at work.

If you get the luxury of spending all your time with your children and family treasure that because you could easily be the provider.

7 comments:

  1. Staying home all the time has its downfalls, but it'll definitely be a well deserved break for you. I love being home with my girls but I can't wait to get moved and start my new job here soon. At least you know you are doing what's best for ally, even if that means pulling such long shifts to make sure her needs are met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am, I'm just excited that I'll be able to take a break from that soon enough and be home with her all the time.

      Delete
  2. Hope you get some much needed rest before going back to work.

    Hang in there, you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who on earth is criticizing you for working? I've worked up to 3 jobs before, because I want to take care of myself and earn what I have. It's exhausting, but sometimes it's just necessary. Hope you get a break soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that in your life you have to prove how hard you work :( And I especially hate that it is another mother making you feel this way. That isn't how things are supposed to be. From one mom to another you are doing a wonderful job, I know how hard it is to do what you do but you are doing it. To hell with anyone who makes you feel any less than a superhero! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know little miss will enjoy having her mom home all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful that you will have that time with Ally.

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)