Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Living Our Best Life

It is too often we get caught up in the constant movement of life that we forget to appreciate all of the blessings that are right in front of us. Five months ago if you asked me if I would have been able to find someone to love after what Ray did to me or that I would be close friends with someone I once hated with a burning passion I would have said you were a liar. Life has a funny way of always working out for us. Now I am close with Kris. I consider her one of my best friends. We set up playdates when time allows and we talk almost on a daily basis. The few weeks with Ally made me treasure my beautiful little girl even more. I hold her tight and I look forward to her smiling face and goofy attitudes. I am learning that it isn't about being spoiled with money but spoiled with love and devotion.

This is what self confidence looks like. I'm not anywhere near my ideal weight but Kristina is helping me with Thrive. I don't wear make-up 90% of the time. I usually leave my hair curly. I work 50 hours and don't dedicate much time to myself. I took this selfie on a day out with Shaun and my brother. Shaun told me I was gorgeous and it made me giggly inside because this is me put together. He always boosts my confidence because most of the time he sees the real me. Not the put together me but the I just worked 50 hours, Ally and I spent time together, and I'm so tired me. And yet he still wants me. Me, stripped down. No make up. Natural hair. Tired. Exhausted. Me.


Shaun is everything I wanted with Joey. He is what I thought I found in Ray. We both didn't expect to be where we are today after reconnecting for the first time in years. This weekend we'll be finishing up moving him in. He has basically lived with me for awhile but we wanted to ask Ally's permission before making it official. It warms my heart how he puts her first and didn't find it silly that I asked her for permission. She said yes and that she loves him. They are like best friends and I'm so glad she has found a companion. I love everything about Shaun. From cooking together, binging our shows, family time. Everything feels secure and we are both committed to our future. We are both willing to do what it takes to make it work and to see us reach our happily ever after.


I don't have to lie about my life. I don't have to pretend to be happy because I truly am happy. I fed into a post yesterday just simply because I am tired of people thinking it's okay to lie to Allisun. She's  five. I can't  stress that enough. She doesn't deserve to be thrown in the middle of this mess. I don't need a sugar daddy. I have the real deal. My ride or die. We scrape by financially but as I taught Ally today; what matters is that we have a roof over our heads, food in our stomaches, and clothes on our back. We don't need our nails done or expensive toys. What I'm teaching her is more important than anything. You have to appreciate what you have before you can ask for anything else.

9 comments:

  1. Wise words! Glad you are so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are teaching her some very important life lessons. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy we have gotten on better terms:) this year has definitely been a year of repaired relationships for us lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to picture me and my husband's ex as close friends. It's sad, but I don't see that ever happening, but I think it's great if you two have been able to develop a good relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of history with her. His current girlfriend I despise as much as you despise your husband's ex.

      Delete
  5. Yeah our history has definitely been rocky but somehow we've been able to get past it:) and at least I've never tried to off you or lied to ally.

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)