Thursday, August 3, 2017

Finding The Light At The End of The Tunnel

Here lately my lows have been terrible. Our life is great but our finances have been holding us back. Being adults is tough and I have been feeling so terrible but Shaun has been carrying me through. I have been so focused on the worst parts of life instead of all the good that has been going on. Shaun is officially living with us. Ally will be starting school in just a few weeks and we are set for a girls day tomorrow morning. My ex doesn't make any sense and it further affirms that his "girlfriend" was behind forcing her to stay. It has been adjustment having her home and there has definitely been trial and error. Ally is really held up on the fact that she as lied to by Brittany and she doesn't understand why. I can't even begin to explain all of the messed up things that happened there but I can say we are taking it day by day and constantly reassuring Ally of our love for her and how happy we are that she is home. It is a new month and a fresh start so time to get some perspective and stop wasting my time on people who don't deserve it.

Shaun still hasn't been able to get affordable health care so we are self-managing his diabetes. We are doing this by counting carbs and cutting out the crap. Ally's latest growth spurt was filled with fruits and veggies, no junk food. Sodas are out and are a rare treat. Junk food is almost nonexistent. We are fixing to be cutting out pasta, rice, and bread from our diet as well. It is going to be a tough change but I support Shaun and could use a fresh start plus the perk of weight loss. I am hoping august brings fresh changes and an exciting month for Ally.



Did I mention I was cross stitching again? It has definitely been helping with my stress levels. This is what I am working on right now. Isn't he cute?


This is my day one progress. Not bad after months of not stitching.

 Life is starting to get better. I'm living with the love of my life. My daughter is cared for. We have all of our basic needs cared for. I am grateful for this life.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you x stitching again, good for you on the healthier side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planned on starting a new piece tonight if work allows. Just feel the need to stab something 10,000 times, ya know? Y'all will get y'alls finances worked out. Good luck on y'alls diet change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's time for school to start again! Didn't we just see Ally's "first day of school" photos yesterday? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love me some cross stitch!! So glad to see you stitching something! Can't wait to see him finished :) I can't even imagine what is must be like to not afford health care. I sometimes don't realize how lucky I am to live in Canada. I hope Shaun is managing ok. Diabetes is a tough thing to have to live with. Hope you and Ally have tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle so with trying to be positive when everything around is not! We are getting ready for school here too. But it is her senior year!!

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Comments Are Always Welcomed. :)